While I was working at ORP, Iowa State Rec Services switched primary software providers and ORP lost the ability to reserve gear for patrons and trips. After different ideas on how to combat this, I offered to create an application for us. In the end, Iowa State Rec Services hired me to create this software.
At this time I was most knowledgeable with Java and did not have enough experience to secure a web application, so I decided to create a JavaFX desktop application. This application would end up being continuously updated for over 4 months and went from storing data in files to connecting to a database I set up and maintained. What was later called Aero would end up being used for 8 months, before ORP would switch to RecHelper.